Proven, Aggressive Truck Accident Lawyers In Maine
Proving Negligence Was A Factor In Your Crash
It is critical that you get an experienced lawyer involved in your case as soon as possible. Truck accident injuries are often severe and life-altering. Your insurance company will work to keep you in the dark about the full value of your case.
If a negligent truck driver or irresponsible trucking company was the cause of the crash, we will find the evidence to hold that party accountable and establish the full and fair value of your case.
At Terry Garmey & Associates , we understand the unique and complicated factors involved in truck accident cases. We take truck accident cases to trial, fight for our clients’ lives and hold responsible parties accountable. Our Portland-based attorneys have secured maximum compensation for 18-wheeler and tractor-trailer accident victims across New England, and we have more than 60 years of combined experience in Maine.
We represent the underdogs, and we’re proud to advocate on behalf of devastated families. Your recovery is a big deal, and we devote all available resources to building the case that will secure your comfortable future.
What Is Truck Driver Negligence? What Is Trucking Company Negligence?
Negligence in a truck crash is attributable not only to truck drivers, but also to trucking companies. Examples include:
- Fatigued truck drivers — Lack of sleep and violations of federal shift length limits
- Overloaded trucks — Loose cargo, unequal distribution of weight, improperly marked oversize loads and more
- Reckless driving
- Falsifying driver logbooks — We can determine if logbooks were falsified deliberately
- Drunk driving and drugged driving — Commercial vehicle drivers have strict limits
- Poor truck maintenance — Worn tires, burned out lights, unsecured cargo and otherwise poorly maintained trucks and trailers can be major factors in crashes
- Negligent hiring practices — Trucking companies are required to perform background checks and drug tests on all workers
Finding and documenting evidence is critically important to your case. Trucking companies are known for “misplacing” and covering up evidence.
Our team will prepare your case for trial from day one. We don’t back down from tough challenges, and we fight to secure maximum compensation.
Free Initial Consultations — Contingent Fee Service
Contact us by email or call 207-899-4644 to speak with an attorney. We cover all upfront legal costs, and we only get paid out of the final settlement after you get paid.
Maximizing Clients’ Case Values
$750,000 Jury Verdict For Roman College Student Semian, a 23-year-old college student from Romania...