Hire A Car Accident Lawyer in Portland Maine Today


Injuries in a motor vehicle accident of any kind can be life-altering, difficult to recover from and very expensive. If you have already spoken to your auto insurance provider, you may have received a coverage offer out of your insurance policy. You should be skeptical of that offer.How can you know that it will cover your expenses, pain, suffering and other losses? Did you get a second opinion? An independent legal professional’s opinion?You may be deserving of much more compensation than your insurance company will offer. Another driver’s recklessness or the negligence of an auto part manufacturer can be the basis of your case for substantial financial compensation, which would include recovery of:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Lost opportunity or income-earning capacity damages
  • Damage to your vehicle
  • Pain and suffering (emotional distress) damages
  • Rehabilitation costs
  • Long-term care and disability costs
  • Wrongful death benefits, if you have lost a loved one


We Represent Clients And Accept Referrals From Throughout Maine And New England


At Terry Garmey & Associates in Portland, we are proud to represent accident victims from all walks of life. Our lawyers recently represented Kathy, a nurse from Maine who was unable to continue her career after she was injured by a negligent driver. Working closely with Kathy’s medical team, we secured a large settlement in her favor, giving her peace of mind and the financial compensation to which she was entitled.

“I felt confident, really, right from the start that Terry knew how to approach this problem, that he had a lot of experience. And he was very clear about everything upfront.” —Kathy (auto accident victim)


What Should You Do If You’re Hurt In An Accident?


  1. Don’t admit fault. An admission of fault to a police officer or insurance agent could be tough to overcome if you actually were not at fault and decide to pursue a claim.
  2. Seek medical attention right away. Even if you think your injuries are minor, you should consult a doctor as soon as possible. Some symptoms of injuries, such as headaches, dizziness and pain, do not appear for hours and even days following a crash.
  3. Keep a journal of your symptoms. Discuss them and any other concerns with your doctor.
  4. Document the accident scene and your injuries. Don’t rely on police evidence or insurance company photos. If possible, take photos of all vehicles involved and the surrounding streets. Get names and contact information of any witnesses. Take photos of your injuries as soon as possible after the accident.


Do You Have A Case? Benefit From Our Commitment To Maximize The Value Of Your Case.

Hold the at-fault driver or auto part manufacturer accountable for negligence. Discover your full legal options.

We offer free initial consultations, and we will pursue your case on a contingency fee basis. Contact our attorneys by email or call 207-899-4644 to speak with us.

Maximizing Clients’ Case Values

$750,000 Jury Verdict For Roman College Student Semian, a 23-year-old college student from Romania...

Terry Garmey & Associates

482 Congress Street
Suite 402
PortlandME 04101 

Phone: (207) 899-4644
Fax: 207-541-9242